Headaches may be an occasional annoyance, or an overwhelming overpowering force derailing your life.
At Manhattan Pain Medicine, we diagnose the cause of your headaches and help you identify triggers to reduce the number and intensity of headaches. Whether you experience migraines, cluster, tension, or any other type of headache, we offer tools to help.
Treatments for headache include many traditional and alternative approaches. Traditional treatments include medications, injections, including botulinum toxin, nerve blocks, and intravenous infusions. We even offer abortive therapy to stop a headache in its tracks.
Alternative treatments may include vitamin or mineral supplementals, movement therapy such as Feldenkrais, hypnotherapy, chiropractic treatment, and acupuncture.
Specific treatments available for headache include:
- Occipital nerve blocks and pulsed radiofrequency neuromodulation
- Sphenopalatine ganglion blocks (we can teach you to do these at home)
- Supra-orbital nerve blocks
- Botox ® for chronic migraine
- Medication management
- Cervical facet injections and nerve blocks
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) training
- Acute headache treatment (may include IV medication or injection, depending on the headache)
By providing direct access to your doctor via cell phone and email, Manhattan Pain Medicine offers a uniquely high level of care and accommodates your busy schedule. We can follow up after visits and adjust medications easily and conveniently.